"I look inside myself to find my peace"

Thursday

Each Step

Most of us are on a long uphill climb at this moment. It is a climb we are making together and yet a climb we can't do for each other. I can reach out my hand to you, and you can grasp my hand in return. But my steps are my own, just as you, too, can only take one step at a time.
For brief periods we skip, even run, along the uphill path. The rocks and the occasional boulder momentarily trip us up. We need patience and trust that the summit is still achievable. We can help one another have patience.
We can remind one another to trust. We look back at the periods that devastated us so long ago. And now we are here. We have climbed this far. We are stronger, saner, more secure. Each step makes easier the next step..each step puts us on more solid ground. 

Excerpts taken from the wonderful book:  Each Day A New Beginning by Karen Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciate your comments.